Wednesday, November 28, 2018

#JAPAN: Gov't Official In Charge Of CyberSecurity For 2020 Olympics Has Never Touched A Computer

[world politics news]


The man in charge of cybersecurity for 2020 Olympics has never touched a computer. Yoshitaka Sakurada was questioned by opposition party members in the Japanese Diet last month. In one particular exchange with Constitutional Democratic Party member Masato Imai he made a surprising revelation. “From the time I was 25 I ran my own businesses, so I always had secretaries and employees, and so I never touched a computer personally," Sakurada admitted. The 68-year-old minister’s remarks came at about the same time that Microsoft Japan warned of a heightened risk of cyberattacks to Olympic host countries.


[FULL STORY HERE]

World Politics News is dedicated to raising Americans' knowledge of political events, elections, and legislation throughout the world.